MakerBot mechanical test engineers architect, design, & test hardware systems for MakerBot 3D printers.
As a Mechanical Test Engineer, you will:
- Design well-reasoned, rigorous, & thorough tests to characterize the performance of subsystem & system-level product designs; identify useful metrics or specifications against which designs can be compared.
- Design test systems & fixtures to quickly & efficiently gather performance data across MakerBots entire product offering.
- Write & execute detailed test plans in both the design & production phases; communicate these tests to other engineers & technicians & ensure successful completion.
- Analyze information gathered from tests & interpret results & impacts.
- Provide design modification recommendations to Mechanical Design, Operations, & Leadership teams.
- Work with vendors to create parts that meet intended specifications.
- Advise non-technical groups on system operation & performance.
- Assist with alpha, beta, & engineering build cycles.
- Utilize drafting & CAD best practices.
- Demonstrate proactive collaboration with adjacent development teams to ensure design success
- Seek opportunities to collaborate with engineering teams to work through complex technical challenges & drive innovation.
As a Mechanical Test Engineer, you have:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of proven design experience
- Demonstrated technical ownership over a subsystem of a design
- Demonstrated mentoring and/or management experience
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, C++
- Experience with data acquisition systems such as LabVIEW
- Interaction with vendors (part suppliers & manufacturing teams)
- Experience with SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD tools
- Knowledge of manufacturing, tooling techniques/capabilities (CNC, Laser, Injection Molding, formed parts, etc.)
- Experience with plastics, die casting, sheet metal & machining is preferred
- Expertise with electrical test & measurement tools
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Excited to work in a fast-paced high-energy environment with the mechanical engineering team & other technical teams in Brooklyn, NY.
Sometimes, its the little things:
- Snacks & seltzer. Fruit, yogurt, nuts, granola bars, chips, cereal its like bringing your pantry to work.
- A ping-pong & pool table, if youre into that sort of thing. And healthy intra-office competition to go with it.
- Weekly on-site, after-work yoga.
- Access to 3D printers, of course. But also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge & expertise to help & teach you how to use them.
- Monthly birthday celebrations complete with cupcakes, brownies, & some ridiculously delicious pudding cups.
- Amazing views of Manhattan & Brooklyn from the 21st floor.
This is an on-site, full-time salaried position located in our Brooklyn office. The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, gym benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, & three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot,a subsidiary of Stratasys. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability & ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry & also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals & educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.