Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Manager, Workplace Transformation & Culture to join our People & Culture team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in change management, building hybrid strategies across the employee experience & program management. You will report to Sr. Manager, People Strategy based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Be a partner in company-wide people initiatives invested in transformational programs (i.e, return to work strategy), & influence change management strategies in support of these initiatives
- Play an important role in ensuring our employee experience strategy aligns with our broader people strategy & then deliver innovative, employee-centric solutions in a multi-office, hybrid environment - inclusive of our HQ & retail locations
- Create an annual employee experience strategy that enables us to do the right things, at the right time, with the ability to scale as we grow
- Create & execute on strategy for multi-faceted employee engagement programs & multiple projects simultaneously
- Work with Away leaders & People team key stakeholders to co-create ways of working in support of building our future organizational culture & behaviors
- Work closely with the Away leadership team in order to create meaningful & impactful experiences that connect back to our business goals
- Skillful in communicating with & influencing a wide range of internal & external stakeholders including leadership, employees, & potential/existing vendors
- Design concepts & oversee company events (virtual & in-person) such as celebrations, internal communication forums (i.e, monthly all-hands), wellness activities, & more
- Support employee engagement through retention levers, including new hire team building, a sustainable approach to a company-wide anniversary program, strategies for recognition , etc.
- Develop hybrid workforce experiences that enhance our culture, build empathy & create connection & community between employees
- Take a data-driven approach to culture, engagement, & retention, which includes owning our existing & new ways of working, & measuring the impact & effectiveness of related programs continuously.
- Be able to diagnose & then find solutions to cultural/organizational dynamics by understanding the root causes of through qualitative & quantitative data
- Share ownership with DEI, Talent Acquisition & Brand to build & maintain our internal & /external employee brand as we scale.
- Champion our culture, company mission, vision, purpose & values to our internal audience of employees
Who you are:
- 3-5 years progressive experience as a culture ambassador on a People team
- 3-5 years of direct experience implementing programs related to employee engagement & experience
- Direct experience leading or overseeing innovative, impactful, & human-centric workplace operations methods
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced work environment, pivot quickly based on changing business needs, & manage time appropriately
- Someone who leads authentically & with a people-first mindset that fosters inclusivity & celebrates diversity
- Strong communicator (verbal & written communication) & project manager with a passion for the employee experience & satisfaction
- Capacity to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced organization as both a solo producer & an eager collaborator, with employees of all levels of experience & seniority, across the organization
- Solution-seeker that displays outstanding judgment & critical thinking skills
- Highly motivated to do good as you do well in all areas of your work!
- Ability to move work forward against ambitious timelines, & comfort working with some ambiguity
- You have experience developing relationships & working with colleagues at all levels across the company to successfully implement & maintain culture initiatives & programming
- You can shift from big picture strategy to tactical support & execution
- Comfort giving, receiving & sharing feedback
- Interest in identifying opportunities to make things better whenever, wherever possible
- Prior experience working with remote team members
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- You are detail oriented & organized with sound decision making ability
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.