About the Team
The Harrys Design Team is responsible for elevating the physical expression of allHarry's packaging, retail displays & web presence, while continually improving our workflow. We maintain clean & polished work, to push our brand to stand out within the world of industrial design, consumer packaging & retail store design. We keep the customer at the core of all creative objectives, working hand-in-hand with Retail, Brand Marketing & DTC teams
About the Role
We have a great opportunity for a talented & enthusiastic Photo Retouch Artist to join the Harrys Design team. The Photo Retoucher will be primarily responsible for completing digital use retouching requests in a timely manner & will play a key role in ensuring that all images meet the companys standards of quality, color consistency & overall brand aesthetic. Key duties will include processing RAW images, retouching & siloing images of all Harrys products & packaging, color correction & matching to approved samples, re-coloring components, modifying type on existing product, producing composites from multiple product images & creating mockups for products still in development. Other responsibilities include maintaining an organized workflow & color management policies, integration & upkeep of retouched images in our DAM system & maintaining a library of layered files for easy access & repurposing.
Other tasks & areas of development include: assisting in color management settings & policies, proofing & maintenance of proofer, assisting in in-house photography & maintaining & improving processes & workflows related to the retouching process, as well as retouching photography for internal use such as store merchandising displays, archival packaging & product shots, etc.
The work is predominantly product shots in RGB for digital use but some experience with skin retouching is desirable for shots which include models & body parts. CMYK experience is also a plus for assisting with photos used in printed displays & product packaging.
This is a hands-on position which will require working independently with creatives & art directors to schedule work & deadlines, discuss needs & aesthetic requirements, review images & ingest final assets into our DAM system with appropriate tagging. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, collaborative & resourceful with the ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, troubleshoot & problem solve issues as they arise.
What you will accomplish:
- Provide expert retouching services for a variety of projects as needed across departments: Harrys & Flamingos websites, retail & strategic partner websites, Social Media, email campaigns & internal marketing needs.
- Collaborate with Production Artists & Designers to identify creative direction, organize & execute projects, ensuring that final deliverable is in line with their creative intent & vision
- Juggle multiple overlapping jobs while maintaining uniform quality & meeting delivery schedules
- Use Capture One to manage, adjust & process internal & external photo shoots from raw files to final product
- Organize & maintain a library of sample images which can be used for color reference from project to project
- Keep work files organized & systematically structured & labeled for future repurposing
- Understand & adhere to current best practices in color management in order to maintain the highest standards of Harrys Imagery across all platforms
- Keep abreast of software upgrades & current trends in retouching & suggest ways to continually streamline & improve workflow
- Work with inDesign & Illustrator files to modify type, line art & logos on existing product shots & create realistic mockups of products still in development.
- Upload final images into our DAM system & tagging appropriate Metadata to make images available & easily searchable across the company
What youll need:
- 3-5 years experience in retouching with emphasis on web imagery
- BFA/BA in Photography, Graphic Design or Media preferred
- Strong retouching, color correcting skills with keen eye for detail, quality, color & consistency
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (specifically: Photoshop, Lightroom & Bridge) & working knowledge of Illustrator & InDesign
- Ability to use Capture One to manage multiple photoshoots & process RAW files
- Basic knowledge of RGB, CMYK, Pantone matching systems, studio color management, color profiling, proofing
- Experience replacing type on existing imagery using line art
- Ability to work with art directors & creatives to understand expectations as well as communicate retouching needs, scheduling & any issues that arise
- Ability to handle concurrent deadlines & numerous projects simultaneously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Youll be an integral part of the Design Team, reporting to the Imaging Director who is in charge of color management printing & prepress, proofing, providing spectral data for qualifying molded components, in house photography & retouching for all packaging & in store displays
- Youll work closely with these cross-functional teams: Design, Brand Marketing, Retail, Strategy, Flamingos Brand Team, etc.
Heres what you have the opportunity to learn:
- Color management & workflow for printing processes across multiple suppliers
- Proofing & maintenance of proofing system
- Using a spectrophotometer to measure & analyze color for injection molded components for manufacture & communicate results to staff & suppliers
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protectivehairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.