Are you someone who values continually mastering the craft of coding & building tools that benefit the open source development community? Are you open to experimenting, which means that you might sometimes fail? (Totally okay to fail & learn here!) Are you empathetic, supportive, & excited to teach as well as learn? If so, wed love to chat!
What Youll Be Doing:
- Contribute to our open-source, frontend libraries & projects
- Collaborate with other Engineers to iterate on new features.
- Fix prioritized issues proposed by product
- Help develop our develop our team process
What Youll Bring to the Team
- Working knowledge of Git (and GitHub)
- Comfortable navigating Unix/Linux systems via terminal
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Bonus If You Have:
- Experience working with remote development teams
- Experience with Go
- Experience with data visualization
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
Many InfluxData employees are remote* so you have your choice of working remote or out of our San Francisco office. (*From a remote perspective, we currently support the UK, Germany, Italy & the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, GA, ID, IL, MA, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA.)
*While for some roles, we welcome candidates from boot camps/junior candidates, for this role we are looking for an engineer who has 5 or more years of working experience in similar roles.*
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, & Battery Ventures, & a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxDatas workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. & across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers & computers. We are on a mission to help developers & organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, & Tesla, store & analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, & IoT applications quicker & to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees & dependents
- Company contribution to FSA & commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- & long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company & only by having a core set of beliefs & values will we be successful. We hire & live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters & recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.