About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Sourcing Associate to join our Innovation + Operations team. The Innovation + Operations team operationalizes the Daily Harvest mission from conception to delivery. We ideate & bring our food to life. We source ingredients & build supply chains, we create sustainable packaging solutions, ensure food safety, & instill production capabilities that benefit our customers, our partners, & our planet. All of this is done to ensure on-time deliveries & a perfect experience for our customers.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Sourcing Associate to join our Sourcing team who is passionate about changing the food system & changing how people eat. We are looking for someone who is a critical thinker, process oriented & enjoys collaborating with cross functional teams. The Sourcing Associate will work with food safety, sourcing, commercialization, manufacturing, brand marketing & our external suppliers to prioritize, lead & facilitate cross departmental sourcing focused projects to completion. Demonstrated experience in project management, priority management & strong communication, with the ability to assess risk against tight timelines are a must. This person will play a critical role in the next stage of growth at Daily Harvest, as our supplier base, manufacturing network, culinary innovation cycle & value chain programs are getting increasingly complex. This role reports directly to the Senior Manager, Sourcing.
What youll do:
- Support our category buyers with onboarding new vendors, new ingredients, & the contract renewal process
- Ensure our suppliers are receiving accurate projections & business updates as needed
- Assist with the day to day operational needs of the component side of the supply chain
- Collect inputs for & develop annual supplier score-carding for our suppliers
- Source new ingredients & new suppliers to be reviewed & approved
- Work closely with our supply chain impact team members to execute our value chain projects
Culinary // Commercialization
- Serve as the point of contact with our culinary team, ensuring recipes are updated, samples get feedback, & that any supply risks get communicated effectively
- Ensure correct pricing, yields, availability, & specifications are being used to innovation & iteration
- Work with commercialization to ensure samples are prioritized & delivered in a timely manner
Accounting // Finance
- Collaborate with finance to provide accurate ingredient forecasts to our suppliers & category buyers, reporting on any material trends in SKU/ingredient changes.
- Own & operate a best in class triple verification invoice approval process
- Partner with accounting to close month end books on time & accurately
- Maintain & iterate sourcing dashboards that deliver best in class, error-free service & information to our manufacturing facilities
- Ensure change management is being communicated effectively & with enough lead time; assist with vendor & ingredient setup
- Work with our FSQA team to develop tight ingredient specifications that maximize customer retention & minimize supply disruptions
- Partner with our supplier quality manager to ensure 100% compliance for all supplier FSQA documentation
- Support QA continuous improvement efforts & ongoing supplier management using our Quality Management System
- Assist with administrative tasks as required to meet the demands of the Sourcing team & facilitate the growth of the company
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, Sourcing.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Operations, Industrial Engineering, Accounting or Finance is preferred or equivalent experience
- 1-3+ years experience in food manufacturing, preferably in supply chain or operations
- Excellent verbal & written communications & oral presentation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly (written & verbal) & in an engaging manner with colleagues of various levels of experience & management
- Strong analytical skills using Excel & data management tools
- Strong planning & organizational skills. Ability to prioritize & plan work activities with minimal supervision. Uses time efficiently
- Highly adaptable & flexible. Able to manage competing demands, deal with frequent change & unexpected events
- Demonstrates accuracy & thoroughness in work
- Bias for action & drive to produce results
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships. Heavy interface with Product Development, Sourcing, Manufacturing & external suppliers.
- Highly effective ability to collaborate, negotiate, influence & network with a wide range of diverse groups, including senior leadership, management, & vendors
- High level proficiency in computer applications & systems including Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.