Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health develops breakthrough diagnostic technologies to improve cancer management. With Guardant360, we offer real-time, biopsy-free tumor sequencing that tracks tumor genomics in real-time & identifies associated treatment options. The assay is used by more than 6,000 oncologists & we partner with more than 50 biopharma companies.
Guardant Health raised over $550M from Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, OrbiMed & Softbank, before having a successful IPO on NASDAQ in 2018. Guardant is led by a seasoned management team of thought leaders & successful serial entrepreneurs in next generation sequencing & rare cell diagnostics. They are advised by an oncologist-led medical steering committee from leading cancer centers.
The Supply Chain Group will be offering a summer Purchasing/Supply Chain internship. The purpose of this internship is to allow the student to gain experience & assist in various supply chain management activities including purchasing, inventory, warehouse material management, & logistics.The supply chain intern will be responsible for assisting with Guardant's business goals to strategically source goods & services, decrease fulfillment time, minimize inventory on-hand while increasing inventory turn-over, streamline internal order fulfillment & reduce cost.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists & provides support to Purchasing & Warehouse department
- Assist in inventory management (materials, equipment)
- Assist in material requisition fulfillment & trend usage tracking of non-inventory supplies
- Work with lab to ensure product line Bill of Materials is accurate.
- Assist in PO creation/tracking, RFQ management
- Assist in researching prices on different materials & identify second sources of key raw materials.
- Performs assigned duties both independently & as a member of a team
- Candidate should be pursuing a Supply Chain Management related degree & have completed at least one year of the appropriate study
- Experience with Microsoft Office & using Google Docs.
- Material Procurement Knowledge is a bonus
- Computer skills & the ability to work both independently & as part of a team are essential
- Hours & days may vary depending on operational needs;
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary;
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, blood specimans & instruments with moving parts, heating or freezing elements, & high-speed centrifugation;
- Repetitive manual pipetting may be necessary; and
- Some lifting (up to 25 pounds) may be necessary
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.