The Social Media / Content Generalist will write & produce various content & blog regularly to expand our companys digital footprint, awareness, subscribers & leads. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, & project management skills. You will support marketing stakeholders with the goals of attracting site traffic & social followers, driving new sales leads & empowering sales with relevant content thats compelling to prospects.
This individual must be able to write for a B:B audience, plan tasks, send ample & appropriate communication, coordinate internal & external resources, & ensure project execution. Graphics, landing page design, publishing, & editing skills are keys for success within this role. To be successful, he/she should be detail-oriented, resourceful, enthusiastic, innovative, a self- starter & a quick learner with ample knowledge of the web hosting space.
As a Social Media / Content Generalist you would:
- Develop & implement an organic social strategy
- Build & execute a social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, & audience identification
- Collaborate with various teams to produce relevant content that meets the needs of key stakeholders & our target audiences.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to both spread our brand & our content & links
- Generate, edit, publish & share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections & encourages community members to take action
- Set up & optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of companys social content
- Create editorial calendars & syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing & analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights & best practices, & then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments (customer relations, sales, etc) to manage reputation, identify key players & coordinate actions
- Manage Reputation Management platforms with ownership of increasing external posts of positive reviews
- Within the framework of the content calendar, create content regularly to grow the companys footprint - ensuring adherence to company branding guidelines & pulling relevant positioning & messaging through all communication channels/assets/activities
- Sustain & develop our Liquid Web/Nexcess voice across our content
- Optimize content for search-engines & lead generation
- Develop & manage content creation via hybrid approach to drive regular content to be marketed via all inbound channels (social, email, blog, landing pages, etc.).
- Engage in projects relating to search engine optimization, website updates, & email automation
- Assist in administrative activities to manage pool of freelance writers & creative to achieve strategic goals
- A BS or BA degree in marketing, communications, business administration, public relations or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of marketing & content creation experience
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation, & communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience & social analytics tools knowledge
- Knowledge of online marketing & good understanding of major marketing channels
- Experienced at creating content for the web across various disciplines & media types
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading skills - Eye for detail & creative development
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, independent & goal minded, eager to create & achieve activity & revenue goals.
- Excellent organizational skills, can work independently & manage projects with many moving parts
- A passion & strong understanding of the hosting industry & our business' mission
- In-depth knowledge of the HubSpot Content Optimization System to blog & produce smart CTAs according to visitor lifecycle stages
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional & Roth 401k with company matching
- Continuous beverage service
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Consistent/set work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties & tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains at will.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.