The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The Infrastructure Engineering team is seeking Senior Engineers to tackle an ambitious project pipeline including solutions for disaster recovery/highly available platforms, dynamic development environments, & more. Bring your thorough, practiced understanding of DevOps & Cloud Infrastructure to this team where you will be expected to make an impact. As a new member of this growing team, help shape The RealReal's production infrastructure & Engineering culture.
This full time, permanent position can be based either in San Francisco, Los Angeles, & New York, NY & will report to the Sr. Director of DevOps & Product Support.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain & evolve our infrastructure, employing automation, & infrastructure-as-code
- Build & maintain our code pipelines, designing & building automation in order to enable agile software development, using self-service where possible
- Collaborate efficiently & effectively with Software Engineers & Product teams on complex problems
- Build & contribute to infrastructure services, keeping with 12 Factor methodology
- Quickly absorb context & knowledge while ramping up & using that to build or bolster documentation
- Keep a strong level of quality & velocity in your work, while collaborating & reporting when appropriate
- Exercise & promote security best practices throughout your workflow
- Participate in an on-call rotation on a regular basis & respond to incidents reliably & professionally
- 5+ years combined experience in Site Reliability engineering and/orCloud administration
- 3+ yrs experience with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, GCP).
- 2+ years automation experience using popular languages (bash, python, etc); software development background a plus
- 2+ years professional experience with UNIX-based Operating Systems
- 1-3 years experience with Terraform, Ansible, Chef as part of building & releasing infrastructure as code
- Experience building Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (C/CD) workflows
- Experience tuning & troubleshooting performance for high traffic web services
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Strong understanding of common network protocols, including HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, SSL/TLS, & relevant diagnostic tools
- Database fundamentals & experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Git & Github workflows
- Understanding of packaging, deployment, & support of containerized (Docker) applications
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience deploying microservices environments
- Experience converting applications to run in Docker containers, & with orchestration layers
- Computer Science or Engineering degree
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin,sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will considerqualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.