JW Player is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Finance team in our New York City Headquarters. This role will be responsible for all facets of accounts receiving & deferred revenue - as well as play an integral role in creating, refining, & implementing accounting processes.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated & an exceptional communicator with a desire for autonomy & ownership within a fast-paced organization. This role offers a unique opportunity to bolster existing accounting knowledge while offering a chance to offer influence & gain experience in the dynamic & booming video streaming space.
In this role you will:
- Perform Revenue Analysis & Balance Reconciliations
- Review financial statements to ensure transactions are properly reflected & in accordance with GAAP
- Own the management & processing ofinvoices & payments
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance & non-finance business partners
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility, including preparation of audit schedules
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting & analysis requests, & other tasks as assigned
- Prepare revenue accruals for month end close
- Perform various reporting functions as needed
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in accounting or accounting function (preferably with 2+ years of relevant month-end close experience) at a Tech, Media or SaaS based company
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word) is required
- Proficiency with Quickbooks
- Strong knowledge & application of GAAP, SEC regulations, & internal controls
- Ability to execute, follow-up, & ensure attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement & the ability to think outside the box
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize & multitask
- High degree of dedication to improvement & strong sense of ownership
- Strong problem solving, analytical, & communication (both verbal & written) skills
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago & continues to innovate as the worlds largest network-independent platform for video delivery & intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, & Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types & sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver & monetize their content across all devices. JW Players massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights & generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London & Eindhoven, & was named to Deloittes Technology Fast 500 in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.