About This Position
As an Operations Associate with Ellevests PWM (Private Wealth Management) business, you will play a key role in supporting the needs of PWM operations, working closely with our external custodians, external alternative fund managers, Client Services team, Private Wealth Advisors, Investments Team, VP of Operations, as well as other stakeholders across the organization to ensure efficient operations workflows.
This is an opportunity for you to join a growing team at an early stage where you will contribute to identifying operational challenges for our day-to-day Private Wealth Management operations, & suggesting & implementing effective solutions. This role requires an individual who is proactive, has strong attention to detail, & is eager to make an impact as we scale our financial operations. You will play a vital role in supporting our overall operational procedures & the PWM client services team.
This role is fully remote & sits within the Financial Operations team.
- Assist with all aspects of the funding process of alternative investment managers, including processing:
- Alternative Letter of Authorization (ALOA)
- Capital call notices
- Maintaining capital call calendar
- Tasking Investments Team to raise cash to meet capital calls
- Assisting clients as well as Client Services team with PPM & other alternative funds documentation
- Sending out capital call wires
- Assist with Operational Due Diligence (ODD) of alternative fund managers
- Gathering & distributing fund statements, tax-forms & communications internally as well as to client portals
- Audit & supervise operational work of outside vendors
- Assist PWM Client Service & Operations teams with any ad hoc projects as necessary
- Assist with internal compliance & audit requirements by keeping procedures & process documentation up to date
- 1+ years of experience in financial services; knowledge of alternative investments (a plus but not required)
- Comfortable with number-crunching
- Quick learner & good at following established policies & procedures
- Ability to multi-task & effectively manage your own time
- Accuracy & detail oriented a must, with an ability to do repetitive tasks mindfully; must be well organized
- Accountable for your work & receptive to constructive feedback
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel, including vlookups & pivot tables) & a proven ability to learn other software & technology
- Adapt to a fast-paced & dynamic work environment. This includes working independently & on a team
- Self-starter & effective in a collaborative environment with a desire to gain more knowledge through experience
- Passion for our mission to get more money in the hands of more women+
- Familiarity with investment securities products, middle or back office operations, or some experience with custodial relationships (i.e. Fidelity, Schwab) & reporting systems (i.e. PortfolioCenter, Black Diamond) a plus
Ellevest was built with a mission to get more money in the hands of women+. With a money membership that gives access to investing, banking, learning, & coaching & a private wealth management service, Ellevest helps women+ take control of their financial futures.
Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck. Sallie is chair of the Ellevate Network & author of Own It: The Power of Women at Work. She previously worked as CEO of Smith Barney & Merrill Lynch Wealth Management & as CFO of Citi. Ellevest has raised $70MM from investors including Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, & Venus Williams.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest was founded in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, & operations organizations working throughout the U.S.
We place a major emphasis on building a team & working environment where people can succeed professionally & personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, & to have room for fun & fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent & teamwork, & team is the most important thing to us.
In 2019, Ellevest was named as one of LinkedIns 50 Hottest Companies to Work For & earned a spot on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list of start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech, & business shifts both for the second year in a row. In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazines 100 Brilliant Ideas, & CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Start-ups on a path to becoming tomorrows household names. We are working every day to make this a reality & to create a brand & a service that helps women reach financial equality.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.