The Peloton team is looking for a Director of People Partnerships, Field with a demonstrated passion for building & sustaining positive, engaged work environments for associates & leaders. The successful candidate will have significant employee & labor relations subject matter expertise & proven success as a leader of people. In this role, you will develop & implement workplace policies, programs & enhancements to increase employee engagement & ensure compliance for our Field Teams. Pelotons Field Teams consist of Retail, Warehouse & Delivery, Customer Support & Experience, & Studio & Production. This population consists of both exempt & non-exempt team members.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting & partnering with line managers & stakeholders by providing high level advice & guidance to ensure all risk to the business is understood & mitigated with regards to people management, engagement, policy, & decision making. You will promote a positive Employee Relations environment, developing & coaching stakeholders in delivering a legally compliant & consistent best practice approach to create & sustain our high-performing, associate-centric culture. In addition, you will lead a team of Regional People Business Partners & Diversity, Equity, & Belonging Managers to drive a strategic approach to team member engagement, development, connected leadership, & diversity, equity, & belonging.
- Identify root-cause issues, match people strategies to business strategies, & deliver global programs that drive results & strong employee engagement
- Learn, anticipate & quickly become embedded with the business as a trusted business leader & advisor, not only of People initiatives but broadly
- Consistently coach & advise senior leaders on their effectiveness, help their raise their own performance bar
- Lead team of experienced People Business partners & Diversity, Equity, & Belonging Managers to drive & lead business leaders through organizational change & evolution
- Develop & steward holistic talent plan for internal client group
- Proactively manage legal risk; ensures manager & employee compliance with company policies & procedures, & governmental regulations, conduct investigations as needed
- Respond to employee questions regarding but not limited to the following: employee relations, company policies, leadership & employee development, compensation
- Leverage data to create People dashboards with the business, taking an analytical & metrics-driven approach to solutions & drawing insights to create compelling narratives for change
- Builds & fosters an inclusive & diverse culture aligned to our Company vision, mission & values
- Build & develop people manager skills & leadership team effectiveness
- Subject Matter Expertise: Utilize employee & labor relations expertise to identify issues, highlight & mitigate risk. High judgment development & execution of ER strategies & ER programs for the business. Assess & ensure all polices are compliant with federal, state & local requirements.
- Crisis Management: The individual also will work reactively on critical employee relations issues that are crisis-oriented & typically can only be successfully completed with limited time. Assessing & calibrating responses to varying situations, using sound judgment in decision making. Balancing time between projects & crisis-response is a critical component of the role.
- Build collaborative, influential internal & external relationships with Operations, Legal & People leaders as well as other critical stakeholders to gather information, feedback, support & necessary resources to develop & execute ER strategies & programs.
- Troubleshoot issues independently & drive them to closure with minimal supervision; persevere in the face of internal & external barriers.
- Travel: This is a position that requires travel domestically & international; up to 30% of the time.
- 8+ years of experience in Human Resources, as generalist, people leader, business partner, or human capital consulting
- 5+years of people management/leadership experience
- Demonstrated progression & increased scope in matrixed, high-growth organizations
- Experience in a highly influential HR role with executive level interface & impact
- Employee & labor relations subject matter expertise.
- Experience in both union & non-union environments.
- Foundational understanding of labor & employment laws.
- Knowledge of tech industry & experience both in a start-up & an established HR environment a plus
- Deep knowledge of & experience in running core HR processes including performance management (performance coaching & progressive discipline), succession planning, career pathing, compensation education etc
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.