We are seeking a Director, Learning Innovation & Technology, to be an innovative, inspirational leader in our newly created role within Okta University, reporting directly to the Head of OktaU. This is an ideal role for an agile, creative, & intellectually curious individual with a passion for learning technology as an enabler to the business. Responsible for driving the vision of our learning technology & operational excellence across Okta. They will be responsible for all aspects of technology & operations: Vendor strategy/partnership management, governance, LXP/Technology, Continuous Learning, Evaluation, & learning analytics. The ideal candidate should be comfortable moving between strategy & execution.
What You'll Do:
- Establish the strategy & the vision for Learning Technology & Operations across the enterprise that integrates the needs of our functional business teams & aligns with our business strategies.
- Tech-Forward, Employee-Obsessed: drives innovation with knowledge of current trends in L&D, & tech-forward approaches, developing a network of industry relations that help Okta stay current with technology, learning strategies, & concepts in learning delivery, particularly as related to a dynamic (remote/virtual) workforce.
- Understand the administration function of all Learning Systems at Okta to establish learning governance for the company to include establishing guidelines/standards around how to think about content curation & development.
- Drive decision-making for sustained enforcement of learning technology & content strategy & standards across Okta.
- Create strong working relationships with peers & business leaders across Okta, OktaU, Business Technology, & the People team.
- Advise the OktaU team on the use of newer technologies, such as virtual reality or augmented reality, & informal learning technologies such as podcasts or video. Ensure these technologies work within the companys hardware & software infrastructure.
- Be ready to roll up your sleeves & perform typical LXP execution tasks as needed, such as content curation.
- Partner with People Analytics team to develop predictive analytics to help OktaU develop strategies to more proactively assist the business.
- Partner to establish strategies & metrics for quality control & ensure that content remains relevant & of the highest quality. In alignment with business strategy; implement enhancements as appropriate.
- Manage the technology-related budget & provide input to the overall L&D budget.
- 5+ years of experience designing & implementing learning strategies with a focus on improving leadership capability, talent strategies & organizational learning.
- 5+ years of experience in administering enterprise LXP, LMS platforms.
- Experience with EdCast a big plus.
- Skilled & comfortable driving strategy as are rolling up your sleeves.
- Natural at building relationships, partnering & influencing others.
- Ability to be collaborative, influential & manage people who are not direct reports.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills & ability to multi-task with close attention to detail.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles & instructional systems design (ADDIE, Agile), & Kirkpatricks training evaluation levels.
- Strong project management, planning & organization skills, including the ability to handle multiple large-scale projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with analyzing data to draw conclusions, assess impact, & make recommendations for updates to learning.
- Resourceful, self-motivated, & able to independently prioritize shifting workload in a high growth, ever changing environment.
- Strong growth mindset, always looking for ways to improve.
- Strong collaboration & communication skills - able to work well with employees in a remote environment.
- Bachelors degree in related field required
- Masters degree in instructional development, instructional technology or adult learning theory is a plus.