We are looking for a talented data scientist to join SeatGeeks Marketing Science & Analytics team in New York City. As a member of the team, your insights will shape strategy across important marketing functions such as user acquisition, retention, brand, & sponsorship.
You will dive into a sea of data to understand the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, the optimal marketing resource allocation, the unique dynamics of supply & demand in the ticketing marketplace, & differences in customer behavior across segments. This is your chance to help improve the worlds fastest-growing company in the live event ticketing space. As an essential part of data science team, you will not only learn from a team of exceptional analysts, product managers & machine learning experts, but also develop your financial literacy through substantial executive exposure.
What Youll Do:
- Lead strategic marketing experiments; design test plans, obtain cross-functional alignment, perform analysis, & provide insights
- Apply marketing experimentation insights to daily campaign measurement & reporting; forecast impact & provide ongoing recommendations for optimization & efficiency
- Assess & develop new measurement solutions by applying your modeling skills, with a focus on channel interactions (i.e. Media Mix Modeling)
- Develop a deep understanding of customers & customer value using first-party & third-party data touchpoints/channel, promo usage, & purchase behavior.
- Establish key metrics for marketing channels & understand drivers of changes. Help set realistic performance targets
- Use your excellent communication skills to develop fantastic partnerships with performance channel managers, product & offline marketing on experimentation roadmap & design.
Who You Are:
- 3 or more years years of relevant applied experience with a degree or higher in economics, psychology, computer science, statistics, or mathematics or another quantitative discipline
- Technical competence to perform advanced analytics & predictive modeling
- Coding skills (such as R or Python) & familiarity with the standard data science modeling toolkit
- Understand probability theory, causal inference, & experimental design, along with having used them in the real-world
- Experience with data extraction & visualization tools (SQL, Looker, ggplot/matplotlib or equivalent)
- A strong statistical understanding of online testing methodologies & metric development
- Bonus: Work experience with marketing, marketing analytics, customer analytics