Who we are
DoubleVerify is a leading software platform for digital media measurement, data & analytics. DVs mission is to be the definitive source of transparency & data-driven insights into the quality & effectiveness of digital advertising for the worlds largest brands, publishers & digital ad platforms. DVs technology platform provides advertisers with consistent & unbiased data & analytics that can be used to optimize the quality & return on their digital ad investments. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital advertising ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
About the role
DV Pinnacle is our self-service platform, which encompasses a suite of robust tools accessible to customers worldwide that allows them to independently perform a variety of workflows ranging from activation to reporting.
As Sr. Technical Writer, you will produce & maintain client-facing documentation for the DV Pinnacle platform to support self-service workflows for clients globally. The documentation types range from glossaries & guides for reporting, how-to guides for self-service workflows, API documentation & documentation on utilizing DV services within third-party platforms. This role closely collaborates across Product Managers & business-facing teams including Account Management, Implementation & Sales Engineering teams within DV. As an ideal candidate, you have experience in knowledge management & bring with you learnings & best practices so that you can hit the ground running.
This role is based in NYC & sits within the Pinnacle Customer Experience team.
What youll do:
- Communicate complex materials & concepts in an appealing & effective manner to both internal & external users of varying technical knowledge, in the DV voice
- Write & maintain technical documentation, including API documentation, developer guides, tutorials, & other technical content for a developer audience (using appropriate tone & language)
- Create & maintain code samples & other technical resources for developers
- Write, publish & maintain high-quality help content including -- user interface (UI) messaging, product labeling, user guides, online help, analytics glossaries, training materials, & new feature messaging
- Contribute to the design & maintenance of how users access documentation information in an online portal, & suggest appropriate methods to break down like concepts across reporting & activation into searchable, consumable parts
- Collaborate with Account Managers, Implementation Managers, Product Managers & Marketing to produce effective documentation & messaging to streamline client workflow & promote new features, especially for a growing global audience
- Participate in client-feedback sessions to drive focused enhancements by identifying user needs & use cases
Who you are:
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience writing online help & and user interface messaging preferably in a web production environment
- Demonstrated ability to come up to speed quickly on a new project, balance multiple tasks & provide quick return on documentation projects
- Strong ability to clearly & succinctly transform complex concepts to novice end users
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, including the ability to edit & proofread materials
- Experience working & experimenting with code samples to better understand the needs of API consumers
- Cross-functional experience working with client-focused teams
- Demonstrated ability to multitask & work with little supervision
- Familiarity with ad-serving technologies, Exchanges, RTBs & large data integrations
- Experience using Salesforce Knowledge, FreshDesk, Document360, Postman, SwaggerHub (or other API Documentation Tools) & Pendo -- a plus
- Must be able to provide writing samples
- BA degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, a related field or equivalent practical experience
- A can-do attitude & a willingness to learn
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on a number of non-discriminating factors, including qualifications for the role, level, skills, experience, location, & balancing internal equity relative to peers at DV.
The estimated salary range for this role based on the qualifications set forth in the job description is between [$81,00 to $161,000]. This role will also be eligible for bonus/commission (as applicable), equity, & benefits.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description; however, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, & recognize that the person we hire may be more or less experienced than this job description as posted.