The internet has optimized nearly every part of our lives... except for the internet itself. Consider every form you fill out online: each week, the average internet user manually enters a mix of their name, address, phone number, payment info, usernames, & passwords hundreds of times on multiple devices, apps, & browsers.
Dashlane is a mobile & desktop appthat gives you a shortcut for everything you do online. Log in instantly, fly through forms, & breeze through checkouts on every device you own. Dashlane works across every operating system, device, & browser, opening the walled gardens that normally inhibit our digital experience.
Our team in Paris, New York, & Lisbon is united by our passion for improving the digital experience & the belief that with the right tools, we can help everyone realize the promise of the internet. Dashlane has empowered over14million users in 180 countries to dash across the internet without compromising on security.
About the role
We are looking for aPrincipal Engineer to join our Web team, working on our browser extensions, web applications & website. The Dashlane client architecture is complex & challenging: distributedzero-knowledge architecture of the business logic, significant team growth in the past year, many products to release & maintain... You would join the team to contribute to build the best architecture, apply bestpractices in the development cycle, develop newfunctionalities in the product, improving its quality, & help the engineering to work moreefficiently over time.You will influence & support the technical strategy at Dashlane & contribute to our technical vision on the Web.You have strong & versatile architectural skills on web technologies & browser extensions, as well as deep experience around engineering best practices & how to deploy them.Your in-depth understanding of business context & how engineering supports product & business allows you to anticipate long-term technical needs.
You will be based in New York orParis (France), with English as your working language. We offer relocation support.
At Dashlane you will
- Build a vision on how the Dashlane web platformwill evolve in the next years, considering business needs & global technologicalenvironment.
- Have a lot of autonomy to put into practice what you have learned & to implement your ideas for improvement.
- Challenge the whole organization & drive initiatives toensure the technical longevity of the Dashlane Web platform.
- Contribute to the code base, improving the architecture & the product, increase quality.
- Bring your expertise to the team about engineering best practices, helping the team to work better & more efficiently.
- Contribute to improving the release pipeline, helping the teams deliver value to Dashlane customers in the best conditions.
- Be one of the technical evangelists of Dashlane, within & outside Dashlane.
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering as an individual contributor.
- 5+ years of experience of technical leadership, coaching & mentoring of engineers.
- Broad Experience across different programming languages & technical platforms: from backend & infrastructure, to web environment & browser extensions.
- Fluent in English.
You also have
- Communication skills to share & educate within & outside of the company
- High code quality standards & good knowledge of engineering best practices.
- Customer focus & an attention to details that matter for our customers & our product
- Ability to understand business needs & interact with non-technical stakeholders.
- Capacity of adaptation to respond to the needs of a fast-changing environment.
- Experience building products where security is a main concern.
Diversity at Dashlane
A truly international company, founded in Paris & currently split between Paris, New York, & Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, & more. We're committed to hiring people that create a diverse community & foster a culture where everyone is heard & feels a sense of belonging.
Your interview experience
To know what to expect once you've sent your application, read about how we interview & hire at Dashlanein this blog articlewritten by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product & how we work.