Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
The Data Product teams mission is to envision, build, & deploy the next generation end-to-end platform for real estate data ingestion, processing, storage, serving, & analysis at massive scale to provide leverage for Compass. Every team & agent at Compass relies on our platform to make data-informed decisions as they grow their business on top of this strong foundation.
About This Role
Help Compass become the leading source of real estate information by ensuring the highest data quality standards are met, & that we have a world class Data Operations team. You will grow & lead a team of skilled Data Analysts & Support Specialists, to ensure we beat our high bar for quality & operational responsiveness, using a metrics-driven, continuous improvement approach. Your customer orientation will allow us to proactively address data quality issues, both large & small, in order to build trust with our customers & to help them grow their businesses. You will work cross-functionally with company leadership, product managers, engineers, data analysts, customer support teams, & others to grow & maintain the Compass data platform.
- Lead a team to proactively identify & mitigate data quality issues, & respond to data source changes or outages, as well as escalations from customers & other stakeholders
- Support our geographic expansion by measuring & improving quality as new types of data & new data sources are onboarded
- Monitor key data quality & operational support metrics, as well as customer feedback signals, to identify & advocate for opportunities to create additional value for our agents & their clients
- Prioritize data support operations needs based on impact, & an ability to establish trust & improve the overall customer experience
- Partner with Product & Engineering squads to continuously improve the breadth, depth, & capabilities of our data quality monitoring & operational support tooling
- Interface directly with customers & regional leaders to understand & craft solutions to specific data support needs in each of our geographical markets
What We Look For
- 8+ years experience successfully managing application, production, or data support teams
- Experience supporting data products with large-scale data schemas & using ETL pipelines/Kafka streams, data conversion components, & API interfaces
- Highly proficient in Zendesk, Jira, & customer feedback tools such as Canny
- Technically skilled & able to manipulate large raw datasets using SQL, Python, and/or advanced spreadsheet formulas
- Able to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
- B.S. or similar in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) is strongly preferred
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.