Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America's largest independent game developers with close to600employees & over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company'sgames have reachedmore than200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead byDaylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world's most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney,Netflix,Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, & many more.For more information:bhvr.com.
The UI Designer will be responsible for the graphical creation & production of the video games' menus & interfaces. Well organized & structured, the UI Designer must streamline & communicate the relevant information using visual means in order to lead the player through a gratifying gaming experience. This individual will work in close collaboration with the Art Director, the game's creator, & the Programming department.
- Conceive & create the visual content associated with a game's menus & interfaces;
- Create the menus' flow, layout, & assets;
- Participate in meetings in order to share ideas & knowledge;
- Complete research & gather data before taking on a new task in order to insure efficient management & reaching the objectives through a proper understanding of the game's graphical requirements, by having at hand the necessary reference material, & by clearly understanding the artistic direction & the technical requirements;
- Work in close collaboration with the programming team.
- Pursuing a diploma in Graphic Design or related area;
- Experience in graphic design (or equivalent), more specifically in the development of interfaces & menu stylization;
- Experience designing UI & UX for videogames;
- Master Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, & Flash;
- Have a good understanding of typography, colour theory, layout design, & animation;
- Creative, autonomous, ability to adapt to requests;
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary group;