At Vimeo, we love designing & engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work on professional-grade distribution tools for creators & have the opportunity to do way more than write code.
Were a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, & is driven by careful attention to detail & planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective & experience are key to building great technology & believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, & one another.
What youll do:
- Build & improve tools that enable Vimeo employees to support & delight internal teams
- Work closely with our customer facing & internal teams to build products to improve their day to day, & ultimately delight our users
- A/B test new features, analyze their results, & release improvements iteratively.
- Sculpt the architectural vision for significant parts of our stack to allow for rapid iteration & long term stability.
- Work closely with other engineers on the team to aid in their technical growth.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Can design & implement systems with clarity, reusability, testability, & scalability in mind
- Extensive experience with at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Python, Go, Java, Ruby, Node, etc)
- An intimate knowledge of relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc) & data modeling techniques
- Capable of writing tests for complex systems to ensure continued & measurable stability
- Can collaborate respectfully & effectively with both technical & non-technical teams
- Organized & have the ability to break up projects into manageable pieces & complete them with limited compromises by the established deadline
- Have a good eye for details; you catch bugs frequently & can provide meaningful feedback on the technical complexity of visual designs
- Experience mentoring members of your teams through architectural guidance & thorough code reviews
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience with the React framework
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.