Cheddar is a live Post Cable Network with a focus on covering the most innovative products, technologies, & services transforming our lives. Our mission is to be the leading live, digital video news & entertainment media company for users who desire a fresh take on the news.
In addition to the Cheddar network, Cheddar acquired two university-related companies in 2018 enabling us to reach students with news & services that matter the most to them. The most recent acquisition, Rate My Professors, is the largest for-student-by-student destination for quickly researching & rating professors, colleges & universities across the United States, Canada, & the United Kingdom.
Cheddars team & products are diversifying at an extremely fast pace & with that Cheddar is seeking an experienced Product executive to help define & execute a strategy for our growing product portfolio. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, delicately balancing process, speed-to-market & customer value.
As the VP Product, your role will be to drive product management culture throughout the organization Cheddar as well as lead a redesign of Rate My Professors from the ground up. In addition to being a member of the executive team at Cheddar, the VP Product Management will wear many hats & have responsibilities including user experience, feature prioritization, story-writing & stakeholder management. We are looking for candidates who can empathize & work productively with both engineers & the most senior business owners in our organization while delivering an experience that meets the needs of our audience.
What youll do:
- Be an integral part of redesigning a web property from the ground up
- Craft an amazing experience for students & professors on the website & mobile apps
- Work cross-functionally on a variety of company-wide initiatives including site monetization, new product offerings, strategic partnerships, & social strategy
- Build a prioritized roadmap using ROI Analysis & work closely with design & development teams to execute against it.
- Help us stay ahead of competitors by closely monitoring industry changes & trends
- Define KPIs for new features & create plans for measuring each initiative
- Gather, interpret, & create plans of action based on user feedback
- Lead quality assurance & defect reporting
- Evaluate & test different user acquisition/registration strategies
- Build & expand the RMP student & professor community.
Who you are:
- You have the experience necessary to inspire & motivate a team; ideally with 10+ years of digital product experience. for a database-driven / UGC website dependent on display advertising.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with rapidly evolving business needs
- You are passionate about finding solutions to optimize business value while creating exceptional user experiences
- You are able to present succinctly to an executive team & gain consensus when needed
- You have keen instincts on user experience, but use data to prove your hypothesis
- You have proven the ability to drive improvements to the product process within an organization
- While you love managing people & process, you also love getting your hands dirty
- You are passionate & inspire your teams for speed, quality & creativity
- You are excited about learning new things & solving challenging problems
- You dont wait for direction & proactively seek problems to solve
- You are analytical & structured with data, resource tracking
- You have had success working with shared resources vs. fully dedicated resources
- You know how to develop relationships & credibility with engineers, designers, & business stakeholders
- You like moving fast as long as the risks are understood & mitigated
- Experience working on a small product/engineering team
- Experience building & prioritizing a feature backlog
- Experience writing product requirements & user stories
Our Benefits & Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed & our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast & achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, & different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation & benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, & vision insurance, disability & life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks & snacks, team events, happy hours, & more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, & we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates & are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences & backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.