Company Description|Job Description
At Jitterbit, our mission is to make apps do more for the people who use them every day. We make this possible with solutions that democratize integration, making it fast, easy & cost-effective to seamlessly connect your data, apps, & devices. www.jitterbit.com
All of our solutions are available on Harmony, the world's fastest cloud integration platform.
Goals for this role:
In the first 30 days, you will
- Complete Jitterbit University training on the Harmony platform & applications & learn how to use Cloud Studio & our existing Jitterbit connectors
- Become familiar with the Jitterbit release process in general & the QA process in particular
- Perform bug fix verifications to learn about our QA test environments & toolsets used for work/defect tracking, test case management, etc.
- Shadow a functional QA engineer in one of our release test cycles
- Become familiar with our existing auto-test framework, environment, toolsets & processes
- Shadow an automation QA engineer to work on some of our current automation initiatives.
In the next 60 days, you will
- Actively engage in the end-to-end conversion of existing manual test cases to automation test suites based on our QA Automation Roadmap; under guidance from one of our automation engineers
- Assist in several automation framework/infrastructure enhancement tasks
- Run automation test suites for ongoing release sprints
- Become thoroughly familiar with the our automation ecosystem
In the next 90 days, you will
- Lead & fully-own automation infrastructure & conversion initiatives
- Be an automation domain expert on particular product components assigned to you
- Establish deeper knowledge on the Jitterbit Platform, Cloud Studio, & Connectors
- Have a complete & in-depth understanding of the Engineering & QA toolsets & be able to train others on them
Over the next 12 months, you will:
- Become a key QA automation resource in all release cycles for both new & existing product feature changes
- Review test automation industry tools & best practices in order to make sound recommendations on how we can enhance & streamline our current framework & processes
- Establish further knowledge on all Jitterbit product components & be abreast on all release changes around them, as it pertains to maintaining our automation framework
- Participate in the maintenance & enhancement of our test environments & assets
- Participate in process initiatives & streamlining for the Engineering team in general & the QA Automation team in particular
The ideal candidate:
- You have solid experience in QA Automation with proven ability to establish & maintain an automation infrastructure/framework
- You have proven history of effectively & efficiently converting manual tests into automation test suites at a reasonable rate with quality results
- You are familiar with the following or similar frameworks & libraries - node, angular, protractor, jasmine/mocha, jslint/tslint, selenium, etc.
- You have experience with agile/scrum methodologies & a demonstrated ability to contribute as a quality engineer in an agile development environment
- You have a working knowledge and/or experience testing iPaaS/SaaS-based products or other cloud technologies
- You have demonstrated ability to utilize web APIs & technologies using SOAP, REST, JSON/XML to interface with relational databases, CRM/ERP systems, etc.
- You have experience using a variety of toolsets, utilities, & scripts during test execution such as Fiddler, Postman, SoapUI, git, Jenkins, docker, hyper-v/virtualbox, yarn/npm, JMeter, JIRA, Github, etc.
- You are comfortable reading & understanding vendor API documentation
- You are comfortable with setting up the appropriate vendor development sandbox
- You are not intimidated with learning how to use 3rd Party vendor applications
- You will assist in identifying the gap between manual & automated connector test cases
- You are experienced working remotely with widely distributed teams
- You can have flexible work hours when needed for calls & meetings
- You possess strong verbal & written communications skills, are self-directed & a process advocate
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.