Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
About This Role
We are looking for a Staff Writer to join our Publishing team. This role will be focused on creating original
MasterClass articles, to drive growth of our online education platform. This is a great opportunity for someone who has previous editorial experience paired with an interest in the business of digital publishing. Must be comfortable with a high volume of work while upholding the highest standards of editorial integrity.
What we are looking for:
- Exceptional research & writing skillsable to write with confidence in many verticals
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently & collaboratively
Responsibilities of the role:
- Fulfill assignments on a weekly basis, in accordance with established SEO & editorial guidelines
- Research & write clear & compelling articles that drive significant organic search traffic
- Review all articles for brand style & adherence to SEO best practices
- Identify opportunities to develop clusters of content around high leverage topics
- Provide publishing support to the content coordinator & editorial team
- Bachelors degree
- 2+ years of digital media or digital publishing experience
- Previous experience with SEO preferred but not necessary
- Self-starter & highly motivated
- Growth mindset
- Roll-up-your-sleeves attitude & grit when faced with ambitious goals
- Highly organized & laser-focused; must be able to quickly identify everything from grammatical & spelling errors to additional content creation opportunities
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.