Have you ever wondered what happens inside the Cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who care about creating products that you & your peers would love.
As a member of the Platform Core team, you will build solutions that provide DigitalOcean engineers with robust & comprehensive set of primitives for bringing a service from development to production. We believe that by providing the right set of tools & automation our engineering teams can focus on shipping innovative products to our customers faster & more reliably.
The Platform Core team owns & operates an internal platform for deploying the ever growing number of microservices that make up the DigitalOcean cloud. The platform is built on top of Kubernetes & responsible for deployments large (hundreds of cores & hundreds of GB of memory) & small (fractions of a cpu & MB of memory), servicing internal customers from all across the company in clusters all across the world. We internalized the DigitalOcean mission & apply that same principle of simplicity to how engineers interact with that platform.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Developing, evaluating, & deploying software to provide automation & modern tooling around our internal software delivery pipeline, which consists of solving problems such asDeployment, Orchestration, Secret management, Service discovery, Continuous Delivery
- Using Go & tools such as Kubernetes, Docker, & Chef
- Partnering with various engineering teams to make sure that we deliver an excellent developer workflow spanning from development to production
- Participating in reviewing code, helping evaluate implementations, & providing feedback about potential improvements
- Driving adoption for the internal services that we build
What We Expect From You:
- Expertise with at least one of the programming languages such as Go, Python, C/C++, Java
- Experience with a cluster management tool (Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.)
- You are passionate about shipping well engineered & tested code
- A desire to build systems to help your fellow engineers deliver their software to production more quickly & reliably
- Familiarity with distributed systems programming & debugging
- Experience deploying & operating production services in a Linux environment
Why Youll Enjoy Working at DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, & office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.