Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Purpose is seeking an experienced Content Strategist to work with our team to drive the execution of campaigns projects across email, social, & other digital channels.
The ideal candidate will primarily have experience planning, writing, & editing content & can advise on strategic distribution across web, email, & social. They will have experience managing social media properties with large followings, including creating & updating content calendars, & assisting with the technical integration to create a strategic & engaging content experience.
The ideal Content Strategist candidate will have experience managing large email lists, & with writing, staging, & sending email, including segmentation, testing, & reporting.
They will have demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems & oversee multiple moving pieces in a fast-paced & creative client service environment.
This role is full-time & based in our New York office.
This role is offered at the Manager tier, which has a salary range of $68,000 - $85,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
The Content Strategist will join Purposes Campaigns team, working on digital campaign execution across a range of client-service & funder-driven projects. As the Content Strategist, you will:
- Write, plan, & execute content strategies across social, web & email. Work with project teams to help identify rapid-response campaign opportunities based on whats happening in todays news cycle
- Work with our Strategy & Campaigns team to develop campaign strategies aimed at mobilizing target audiences to participate in creating meaningful social change
- Work with our Creative team on developing campaign opportunities, & to co-develop compelling creative campaign concepts
- Participate in brainstorms to develop creative content ideas for short films, websites & digital experiences, that compliment on-the-ground activations
- Write, route, A/B test, segment, code, & send campaign emails to client & partner email lists
- Develop content calendars, & write individual posts, for client & partner social media properties in support of our campaigns
- You carry high personal integrity, with commitment to creating progressive change in the world
- You are a storyteller & strategic thinker & have a good understanding of nonprofit & advocacy communications
- You understand the intersection of online & offline organizing, mobilization, & direct action
- You have knowledge & experience in the execution of best practices in email marketing and/or social media management
- You have 5+ years of combined email & social media experience
- You are a talented writer, especially in email & social media formats
- You have a track record of having successfully managed large email lists and/or social media followings
- Basic knowledge of Wordpress & Github
- Ideal candidates will also have experience with paid media & placement, testing, & optimization of paid social campaigns, but this is not a requirement.
- You are a skilled writer & able to adjust to multiple style guides & sender/brand voices
- You have the right to work in the US, with the ability & willingness to travel
- You are familiar with digital campaigning & movement-building, and/or issue areas of strong relevance to Purposes mission
- You are excited to work with a diverse team & international team members
- You are a key contributor to building a Diverse, Equitable & Inclusive work environment
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume & a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion & qualifications for the role.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE OCTOBER 5, 2020
Purpose is an equal opportunity employer. Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.