We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent & human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
About the role:
As an Oscar Sales Executive, you will be responsible for driving membership growth through our broker & general agent partnerships. You will drive the broker strategy, ensuring insurance agents across our service area (Los Angeles & Orange County) have the information & tools to effectively sell Oscars unique & innovative individual & small business products. You will cover a broad range of duties including developing business relationships, representing Oscar at trade shows, & providing market intelligence & feedback to help us grow & win more membership in a mature market segment.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your entrepreneurial & creative talents & play an important role in our growth in the Western Region.
- Build & manage broker & GA relationships in the assigned geographic market
- Identify & test new growth opportunities, sharing learnings with broader sales team
- Meet or exceed sales goals while providing great service to distribution partners
- Provide local competitive intelligence & market research
- Be the voice of brokers & consumers within Oscar
Who are you?
- Highly entrepreneurial with a combination of hustle, creativity, & intellect
- Excellent sales & communication skills. You will be the face of Oscar in the market & must build & maintain excellent relationships with local distribution partners
- Proactive, strategic, & ready to roll up your sleeves to make an immediate impact
- Passionately committed to providing great service & going above & beyond to deliver a great experience for our brokers & their clients
- An independent self-starter comfortable working in a startup environment
- Bachelor's Degree & a proven ability to drive revenue growth, with 4+ years in sales roles
- Experience in health insurance sales is a plus, but not required
- Active CA Health Insurance Agent License required by start date.
- Some travel, mostly within LA & Orange Counties.
- Excellent presentation & technical demo skills.
- Familiarity with Google suite (business apps), & Salesforce a plus.
- Humility, maturity, & lack of ego
- Data-driven, with a point of view & an open mind
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.