Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Our mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, & other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, & action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, & Steward Health Care use the Yext Knowledge Engine to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, & increase sales.
The Instructional Designer (ID) works in a fast-paced environment driven by business results, stakeholder value, & teamwork. This individual collaborates with subject matter experts (SMEs) to design & deliver high quality instructional content that reflects the learning goals of the internal customer. The ID demonstrates & utilizes effective needs analysis, project management, content development, & evaluation to measure the success of materials & programs.
- Analyze, design, develop, implement & revise a variety of instructional content resources (eLearning, videos, coaching campaigns, instructor-led, learning aids).
- Collaborate with SMEs to identify training needs & recommend appropriate learning solutions.
- Design & develop instructional material by incorporating adult learning principles & instructional design methodologies.
- Manage content development life cycle to ensure timely delivery of instructional material.
- Aid in the development & adherence to project timelines & scope.
- Serve as liaison to SMEs throughout the development life cycle.
- Maintain strong communication & working relationships with SMEs & internal stakeholders in order to stay informed of changing needs, & make proactive recommendations.
- Work individually & collaboratively to meet deadlines & expectations for each project.
- Bachelors Degree or similar college level education
- 5-8 years experience in designing instructional/training programs & resources preferred
- Experience in creating instructor guides, participant guides, self-directed development programs, & job aids required
- Proficiency with multi-media authoring & publishing tools including one or more of the following: Articulate Storyline 2/360, Adobe Captivate, SalesHood, BrainShark, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, VideoScribe, Vyond, YouTube
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Project management experience preferred
- Knowledge & experience incorporating ADDIE is required
- Knowledge of SAM & ADKAR models preferred
- Proficient in MS Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
- Proficient in Google Drive Office Suite (e.g. Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Experience publishing eLearning content to an LMS platform is a plus
- Experience in needs analysis & development of training objectives
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, & excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well & offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, & collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune & Great Place to Work as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo & the Washington, D.C. Area. For more information, visit yext.com.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.