As the Senior Business Development Associate, you will be responsible for establishing & leading commercial programs & commercial operations including sales operations, commercial partnerships, channel sales, & other business functions to set a foundation for growth & develop our commercial programs, sales partnerships & business capabilities in South China. You will report to the Senior Business Development Manager.
What youll do:
- Identify & lead channel sales partnerships & business development initiatives to fuel our growth.
- Establish & implement systems methods & processes to build scalable commercial capabilities.
- Provide insightful market intel & data analysis.
- Partner cross functionally with sales, marketing & pricing to define & refine our go-to-market strategy.
- Take a high energy & entrepreneurial approach to the role. Working collaboratively with the rest of the Asia team & global functions to drive strategic priorities & get things done.
- Set up certain business operations functions to support South China commercial activity.
- Operate with a high level of integrity & compliance to global regulatory requirements.
- Foster a culture of empowerment, inclusiveness, & agility to accelerate things that work & pivot away from things that dont.
- Be both local & global, you balance global & local practices to deliver maximum value to our customers, carriers & regulators.
What youll need:
- 4-5 years of experience in commercial & analytics heavy functions.
- Youre not afraid to get your hands dirty & will thrive in unstructured & multi-stakeholder settings to deliver results.
- Proven relationship management, & project/program/process management skills.
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, & figure stuff out quickly & effectively.
- Great with numbers including strong analytical skills.
- A strong grasp of real world supply chain concepts including direct knowledge of how industrial & product supply chains work.
- Knowledge in China region logistics, freight forwarding. An e-commerce markets knowledge is a plus.
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust & work well with a diverse group internally & externally.
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where youll be asked to take on & run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, & learn quickly.
- Highly organized, self-motivated & detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big & small.
- High integrity individual whos enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, & making a huge, positive impact in the world.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills.
- Strong command of English & Chinese.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.