The Growth Alliance enables HelloFresh to expand by getting more customers to try, recommend, & return back to our products. We build digital products that are used by customers all over the world. Our teams work at a global scale on services & products like scalable web mono repo infrastructure, checkout funnel on web & native apps, discounting & wallet services, price experimentation infrastructure, & referral marketing technology. If you want to build customer facing products that are used by millions of people around the world & want to change how they eat forever then come join us!
As a Senior Full-stack Engineer, youll join a cross-functional team building features end-to-end to be used by millions of customers globally (18 markets & counting!). We're on the hunt for developers with a deep passion for technology who thrive on crafting great solutions that seamlessly scale & are lifelong learners who simply refuse to stop their thirst for knowledge.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills & we love diverse experiences! So even if you dont tick all the boxes but think youd thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What youll do
- Work in a cross-functional team with a product owner, engineers, designers & analysts;
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment, & operations of the microservices & frontend applications that you develop, using DevOps practices, pair programming, & other cutting-edge methodologies;
- Help to enable your team to iterate fast & learn about our customers by planning, building, testing & launching features & A/B experiments;
- Help the team move business logic away from the clients & create microservices to make our solutions more scalable & stable;
- Collaborate with engineers across your department & the company to continuously improve our code base, systems & processes;
- Design & develop solutions that can continue to scale;
- Coach & mentor other team members through workshops, pair programming, & code reviews;
What youll bring
- You have at least 4 years of hands-on experience in developing & continuously deploying to customer-facing applications, in a full-stack or similar role;
- You have experience working with component based architecture using Reactjs & Redux;
- You have in-depth knowledge & hands-on experience with at least one backend language such as Node.js, Golang, Kotlin/Java, PHP;
- You have familiarity with databases, distributed systems & event-based architecture;
- You have experience testing & improving your code through CI/CD pipelines & unit, integration & end-to-end testing;
- You have a strong understanding of monitoring & observability principles & practices such as logging frameworks, error-tracing systems & overall monitoring tools.
- You can proactively identify & address performance bottlenecks & system issues as part of a technical roadmap.
Interacting with engineers, data scientists, designers, product managers & our teams around the world is very much part of our day-to-day, making communication skills very important. We are looking for problem-solvers who can apply their engineering skills to a wide range of the platforms & environments we support.
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning & development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse & vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighbouring gym & Urban Sports Club, company events & parties, discount on our Convini vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations & earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this & get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.