Mixed reality devices need to sense & understand the world around them with tremendous precision & speed. Great ingenuity is required, as this must be done under tight power & size constraints. A wide variety of cameras, 3D sensors, inertial sensors, light projectors, & other components will be at your disposal. You will use your expertise to conduct experiments, develop algorithms, & perform analysis to help design the best sensing systems for our products. This is a critical role that provides the underpinnings for many core product features, & greatly impacts our product design & performance.
- Perform trade-off study to choose appropriate algorithms based on deep understanding of embedded platform
- Prototype embedded algorithms for advanced computer vision, deep learning algorithms for pose estimation, 3D modeling, object recognition, & eye tracking that take advantage of novel sensor choices & configurations.
- Participate in strategic discussions around sensor architecture & prototype algorithms arising from creative combinations of sensors
- Mature prototype algorithms to product worthy features.
- Gather requirements & constraints from cross discipline teams, understand other proposed solutions, design & evaluate algorithms incorporating these nuances.
- Define metrics for algorithm performance, & design robust, partially automated experiments to obtain quantitative data against these metrics on an ongoing basis.
- Push the boundaries of accuracy, noise, & other performance indicators for a variety of sensing systems with best possible architectural & algorithmic design.
- Document, organize, & disseminate information about specifications, performance, alternate possibilities, & strategy.
- Capable during the entire development cycle: problem definition, research stages, algorithm design, implementation, & productization
- Proven fluency in C/C++ or assembly programming on embedded platform
- Strong experience with computer vision & deep learning algorithms & development
- Family with RTL, DSP, VHDL, Verilog
- Exceptional written & verbal communications skills
- A working knowledge of statistics for data characterization & hypothesis testing
- Experience with electronic development & test equipment (debuggers, emulators, oscilloscopes, logic & spectrum analyzers, etc.)
- Experience with control systems a plus