The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
This position is based in our SoHo Store in New York, NY & will report to the Head Shopkeeper.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pick, Pack & Ship merchandise sold on TRR website.
- Inventory control & management.
- Weekly scan audits & inventory.
- Provide assistance to the team of Stylists via fitting room support, stock checks, refilling of the sales floor, processing returns
- Punctual, reliable & a team player to work alongside our store team members.
- Outgoing, energetic & excited to work in the customer service industry.
- Safely handle & care for all luxury items in-store, from men & womens clothing, jewelry, watches, home & art pieces
- Sort, display & restock as directed by the floor manager in an organized manner
- General shop keeping practices, safety & organization, housekeeping & trash removal, etc.
- Other responsibilities as designated by the floor manager & assistant floor manager
- Passion for delivering a luxury experience each & every day
- Polished, professional presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple complexes, time-sensitive situations while remaining calm, cool & collected
- Well-presented; possessing excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates the skill & willingness to take initiative & to proactively anticipate organizational needs including the ability to meet external & internal deadlines as required
- Strong communication skills to work with consumers face to face
- A desire to work with people, & an understanding of excellence in customer service
- A professional appearance & demeanor
- Basic understanding of brands & artists
- Commitment & curiosity towards expanding expertise in fashion, fine jewelry & watches, & fine art & home
- Hospitality/Customer service experience a requirement
- Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions
- Ability to lift & move merchandise up to 50 lbs
- Weekends required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.