Vimeo is looking for an Intellectual Property Counsel who will play a critical role in developing Vimeos IP strategy. The role will be responsible for managing & building upon our existing IP portfolio, developing & implementing IP best practices, & negotiating license agreements.
What youll do:
- Manage our patent & trademark portfolio, & identify & prosecute new patent applications for technologies that we invent
- Draft, review, & negotiate inbound & outbound licensing agreements
- Manage our relationships with licensing bodies
- Develop & implement internal policies & best practices relating to IP protection & compliance
- Manage the assertion of our IP rights & defense of third-party IP assertions
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Admitted to practice law in at least one state
- 4+ years of practice in IP; patent experience strongly preferred
- Prior law firm experience; some in-house experience a plus, but not required
- Proven ability to demonstrate excellent legal & business judgment
- Excellent analytical, writing, & professional communications skills
- Self starter & ability to work independently
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.