NYC HQ or Remote in the US (Eastern to Pacific time zones)
Were building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, were cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, & growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can & asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation & iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, & transparency in the workplace. We arent afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, & even ourselves.
About the Role:
As part of our Growth team, youll play a critical role in helping us grow Splice effectively. We do this by building features, infrastructure, & experiments to maximize growth. Youll join a multicultural, inclusive & distributed team of engineers that will drive double-digit growth month-over-month. Since this is a new team, youll have the opportunity to help us define what Growth Engineering looks like at Splice.
What You'll Do:
As a member of our Growth Engineering team, you might find yourself:
- Using your knowledge of the web, HTTP, & API design to build features with quantifiably high impact through prototyping & experimentation
- Co-authoring an RFC to determine the expansion of our experimentation framework or an innovative way to scale our messaging system.
- Working throughout our stack with Go, Angular/TypeScript, & 3rd-party analytics software to build scalable, efficient experiments across our user journey
- Building infrastructure that enables us to understand our users journey end to end. (Its hard to optimize that which you do not understand.)
- Implementing technical best practices to optimize Splices organic reach on search engines
- Instrumenting & A/B testing different user journey events in our products using Google Analytics, Mixpanel, or our own experimentation tools
- Specing, designing, & shipping high-growth experiments in collaboration with Product & Product Design
- Contributing to & developing the growth engineering practice at Splice
- Building tools that help teams outside of engineering scale
- Sharing with your teammates, whether its mentoring another engineer, posting something awesome you just learned or hosting a book club session.
- Collaborating with your peers in Engineering, Product Management, & Design to support product decisions & review future implementations
- Consulting with our SRE team to deploy highly reliable systems to production
- Researching & solving problems with code, without code, & sometimes, by deleting code
- Participating in mindful code reviews to shape not just our code but also the way we think & talk about it
- Adjusting to the requirements of a rapidly growing team & doing your part to make sure every new hire has it easier than the last
- Contributing to our effective distributed team culture by communicating decisions & supporting all team members
What we're looking for:
- You share our vision.
- Youre self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes.
- You have a bias towards action & experimentation
- You care about quality. It drives you.
- You are comfortable, or even prefer working across technical stacks.
- You get excited about data & using it to make technical decisions.
- You communicate clearly & effectively with technical & non-technical audiences.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You are comfortable both deploying & maintaining code.
- You have 6 - 8+ years of relevant work experience in building & maintaining production quality software.
- 2+ years of experience in Growth teams
- Experience working in or with distributed teams
How Well Handle Your Application
We know that applying for a job can be stressful, & the amount of time it takes varies wildly from company to company. So, were sharing with you up front how a typical application proceeds through the interview process for this role.
First, we try our best to get a response to all applicants within a week of receiving their application, whether they are selected for interviews or not.
If your application is selected to proceed through our interview process, you may:
- Meet with a Technical Recruiter for a brief, 30-minute video chat. Theyll get a sense of what youre looking for & answer any questions you might have about the role.
- Complete a take-home exercise at your own pace within a 1-week window from when you receive the exercise. A working solution should be manageable with around 4 hours of dedicated effort or less.
- Have your anonymized exercise reviewed by Splice engineers & evaluated according to a rubric.
- Meet with two of Splices engineers for an hour to chat with you about your submission, your work experience, & answer any questions you may have.
- Meet with the hiring manager for a 30-minute chat.
- Meet with members of our Product & Product Design teams for a 45-60 minute chat.
- Meet with our VP of Engineering & Principal Software Engineer for a 1-hour chat.
Thats it! After each step, the hiring manager will use the feedback from our panel to determine who progresses to the next step. The whole process can be completed in as little as two weeks, depending on your availability, the applicant pool size & when applications close.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity & inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.