About this Role
The Director of Community Experience is a key leader in our Community organization. This individual will be responsible for creating community strategies that drive our key business metrics: creator retention, creator satisfaction, on-site user engagement, & new creator tool adoption.
As the leader of the Community Experience group this individual will act as the primary advocate of our wiki creator community, managing a team of community professionals that are the primary points of contact with wiki editor communities & engaged users. As the organization looks to solve for both community & business needs, this individual will play a key part developing systems to collect feedback & measure/predict impact in making those key decisions.
- Use analytics, creativity, & fresh ideas to design, build, & implement community programs focused on measurable impacts on engagement with our on-site products & business objectives.
- Be an active participant in the development of new creator tools, operating as the primary advocate for our creator community during the development process.
- Regularly report on the health & activities of our creator community, connecting creator satisfaction & activity to our overall business strategies.
- Develop & manage creator outreach, adoption, & feedback strategies around site changes & brand developments to grow creator engagement with & satisfaction about the platform & the business.
- 5+ years experience in community management or customer support
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Demonstrated background of metrics-based community management
- A love of pop culture & fan communities
- A proven track record of successful community or customer interactions
- An eye for problem-solving
- An ability to work with distributed teams in different time zones
- A mindset that is collaborative & community-focused
- A mindset that is business-oriented, collaborative, & comfortable with mentoring others
- Proficiency in the English language
Bonus Points if You Have...
- Familiarity with MediaWiki & wiki markup
- Basic familiarity with HTML & CSS
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Flexible working hours
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as wellness programs, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer