"The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, & create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to work within the Ads Data team & support Marketing Science initiatives. You will work closely with engineers & product owners from our Ads & Marketing teams to build a data warehouse that can power measurement solutions for advertisers.
- Build robust data infrastructure that not only supports the current Measurement initiatives, but also serves as a data platform on which future Measurement solutions will depend upon.
- You will take over the existing Marketing data pipelines & enhance them to improve data quality, accessibility & reliability.
- Build a norms database that tracks the performance of various advertising campaigns. A complete understanding of campaign parameters & associated performance will help us make recommendations that can improve advertiser ROI.
- Develop scalable experimentation solutions through 3rd party data ingestions, integrations with measurement & data partners, automated scripts for experiment set up validation & metric pipelines for lift measurement.
- Partner with Data Scientists, Measurement Researchers & leads in building measurement solutions such as conversion lift studies, brand lift studies, brand insights tools etc
- Investigate discrepancies between 1st party & 3rd party mobile conversion data & identify gaps & product changes to improve our conversion coverage
- Assist with running & evaluating multi-cell experiments against counterfactuals & wrangle with data issues & biases. Test out various statistical approaches to deal with data insufficiency & under-powered tests.
- Build tools that can assist Marketing & Sales teams with creating powerful marketing narratives for advertisers.
- Build ETLs & data aggregations that can improve our understanding of ad performance.
What We Can Expect From You:
- Bachelors degree or above in a quantitative major (e.g., mathematics, statistics, computer science).
- Proficiency with Python programming language including common libraries (Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, Plotly etc) & visualizations
- Knowledge & experience with big data tools (SQL, Big Query, Spark, Hadoop)
- Experience with dashboarding tools & data visualization
- Experience with workflow scheduling (such as Airflow) & data pipelining
- Familiarity with building experimentation platforms is a plus
- Knowledge of statistics is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in Data Engineer, Data Warehouse Engineer or Data Scientist roles