Mode is conducting all interviewing & onboarding for new team members virtually due to COVID-19. All new & existing Mode employees will continue to work from home until its safe to return to our offices. When our offices reopen, you will have the choice to work from our office in SF or from home.
We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts & Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, & everything in between is now using Mode to collaborate & use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts & domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
As Mode's Director of Pre-Sales & Customer Success Engineering, you'll play a key role in driving customer goals by providing technical solutions to customer challenges. The Solutions team plays a critical strategic role throughout the organization, owning the strategy to ensure technical success at all stages of the customer journey. You'll be building & leading a technically consultative team of thought leaders that represents Mode in the data analytics space, as well as creating & scaling processes that ensure a stellar customer experience.
What you'll do
- Become a Mode expert to understand the landscape & Modes differentiators as a platform
- Build & manage a team of Solutions Engineers, Onboarding Managers, & Solutions Specialists
- Train, coach, mentor, & guide your team to successful performance, career progression, & personal growth
- Set a high standard for curiosity, learning, & product knowledge across your team to continue a culture of trusted advisorship internally & externally
- Partner closely with Sales on technical demos, trial management, resources that drive new business revenue
- Partner with Engineering & Product to optimize prospect & customer feedback loops
- Own creation & scale of technical solutions resources that help customers get the most out of Mode - from demos to training materials & best practices guides
- Collaborate with Customer Success, Support, Marketing, Sales, Engineering, & Product teams to deliver solutions to our customers
- Get to know our customers & their needs lead, mentor, & support our customers through technical account related issues
- Ensure best-in-class solutions outcomes - trial conversion rate, new business revenue, onboarding velocity, & customer satisfaction
What we look for
- Demonstrated ability leading a customer facing team strong people management, mentoring, coaching & development experience
- Experience managing customer outcomes through various stages of the customer journey - from sales process to onboarding to adoption to growth
- You know your way around data familiarity with the modern data stacks, database frameworks or ETL tools
- Creative problem solving skills you won't be using a playbook, you'll be helping write one
- Autonomous, curious, fast-learner & enjoys working in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy balance between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO & family leave
- Flexible work scheduleswe trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growthHave a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment & a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Snacks & in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.
Mode is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The compensation range for this role is $205,000-$240,000 to be determined by level.