About the Role
The Member Experience mission at WeWork delivers experiences that create intelligent spaces & connected, consciously-engineered communities to make people happier & more productive at work.
As a Machine Learning Engineer in the Member Experience mission, you will help build intelligent systems that provide personal, location & context-aware recommendations to foster a sense of community in our digital & physical spaces, enable increased productivity for our members & evolve the ways in which members connect within the community. A recent TechCrunch article highlights some of the teams work - https://techcrunch.com/2019/02/12/wework-adds-features-to-professionalize-its-member-profiles
Having a strong software engineering skill set is critical to this role. You will build scalable infrastructure & deploy solutions in a production environment. Your final output will be working software components & your audience for this output will often consist of other software components that run autonomously with minimal human supervision.
- Partner with Product, Design & Data teams to drive feature development end-to-end.
- Design, develop & deploy components of our ML products & platforms for feature engineering in production environments.
- Develop platforms & microservices for machine learning, optimization & experimentation.
- Actively contribute to sprint planning & product roadmaps.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Fluency in one or more backend languages (Java, Go lang), with experience in Pythonor Scala a plus.
- Experience in building scalable ML platforms & services with high availability & low latency.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing & dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated personal initiative & strong ownership of deliverables.
- Ability to explore new ideas & have a passion to make them happen.
Nice To Have
- Experience working with the AWS stack.
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. or M.S.) in computer science, mathematics, statistics, operations research or other quantitative disciplines.
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical & digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members & employees. We build software & hardware that enables our members to connect with each other & the space around them like never before.
We augment our community & culture teams through the tools we build. We believe theres a macro shift toward a new way of workingone focused on a movement towards meaning & purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless & collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.