As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox Media is looking for a highly driven & creative public relations professional to join the company & oversee communications for Vox Media Studios (VMS).This position will report into Vox Medias Vice President, Communications.
In this role you will partner with key stakeholders across Vox Media Studios to develop communications & media relations strategies that advance the business, audience development, & partnership goals for the studio's non-fiction & scripted programming across television, OTT, & audio platforms. Additionally, you will work closely with the VMS & Vox Media Podcast Network (VMPN) teams to build out & execute strategic communications plans for company initiatives, VMS leadership & show talent, & major industry events.
What you'll do:
- Foster relationships with media, entertainment, audio, advertising & tech press to secure meaningful stories about VMS business & programming
- Partner with studios leadership to understand business priorities & offerings to develop communications strategies both short-term & long-term that reach new & existing partners, stakeholders, & audiences
- Serve as the lead communications partner for stakeholders across all aspects of our studios & audio businesses development, production, distribution as well as industry events, including Television Critics Association press tours, Realscreen, upfronts, awards, & film festivals
- Organize additional event opportunities in partnership with editorial, experiential, & marketing teams
- Work in partnership with the communications leads across the team to support Vox Medias editorial networks, as it relates to their work within the studios business
- Source relevant thought leadership opportunities for Vox Media executives & VMS leadership, such as panels, earned-media, & external pods, & build out preparation materials for these opportunities
What you'll bring:
- At least 7 years experience in entertainment media, communications or a related field
- Ability to develop & execute strategic communications plans, including crisis communications, & experience with utilizing social media to bolster awareness, positioning, & interest
- Experience working & communicating with executive leadership & external partners
- Highly collaborative, enthusiasm for working with a team, & able to dive into projects & involve necessary players to ensure tight communication planning
- Ability to stretch across multiple businesses & prioritize competing timelines & demands
- Experience with industry award circuit
- Strong relationships with press in media, entertainment, tech & business publications, as well as industry event organizers preferred
- Strong verbal & written communication skills & the ability to represent Vox Media internally & externally
- Understanding of & curiosity in the media, entertainment, advertising & tech landscapes
- Extreme attention to detail, including grammar & spelling
This is the job for you if you are:
- A collaborative spirit
- Interested in championing culture & diversity, equity & inclusion efforts
- Excited to produce well-organized, strategic, & high-quality work, often under tight deadlines
- Motivated by achieving exceptional results beyond baseline expectations
- Excited about joining a high-energy, fast-paced working environment
- You embrace change & are flexible as priorities & strategies shift
- Extremely client-service oriented
- Confident & comfortable interacting with editorial leaders & executives to provide strategic counsel & feedback
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.