What is Oscar?
Oscar is a new kind of health insurance company. Were using technology, data, & design to revolutionize healthcare. Weve brought together a talented team that is passionate about helping people navigate the complex & confusing healthcare industry. Oscar is dedicated to offering a simpler & more human health insurance experience & our clinical team is a huge part of how we deliver on that mission.
Our Concierge Clinical & Complex Case Management Teams, composed of nurses & social workers are the frontlines that interact with our Members every day & serve as a clinical & case management resource for them in navigating their healthcare. Our Clinical Review Team reviews members cases for medical necessity & our Oscar Center has clinicians that treat our members through our clinic in NY & telemedicine solutions.
What is the Position?
As Clinical Director of Training & Quality, you will be responsible for a talented group of quality & training leads who are uniquely competent in training adult clinical staff.
For training, you will contribute to the design & execution of training programs for concierge clinical nurses & social workers, complex case management nurses & social workers, Clinical Review Team nurses & nursing staff in the Oscar Center. Youll ensure training is specialized & applicable to each training team & covers utilization management, complex cases & case management, workflow & tooling processes, motivational interviewing & anything else needed for our teams to perform at the highest levels on a day to day basis. Training will be for both on-boarding & on-going education.
Youll develop materials & modules in a way that makes the most sense for new & current nursing staff & social workers to digest. You will create a program for ongoing trainings once folks are in their roles. Youll work with our Clinical teams to identify gaps in knowledge areas & ensure refreshers are easily accessible & engaging for the nurses, social workers & other clinical staff. Youll coach your team to train in an effective & engaging manner that sticks.
Additionally you will be responsible for continuing to develop Oscars clinical quality program. You will manage the teams responsible for internal & external audits & coach your peers & other medical professionals within Oscar. Internal audits include auditing calls & tickets to ensure workflows, processes & SOPs are being followed & monitoring for trends & opportunities for training & coaching. You will be responsible for assisting with external regulatory audits, including presenting cases to external auditors.
Must-have qualifications & expertise include:
- Bachelor's degree & clinical background
- Clinical Training & Development background - You have 5+ years of clinical training & instructional design experience. You have a proven record of applying techniques that engage not only adult learners, but adult learners who are clinicians.
- Quality experience -You have expertise in auditing clinical teams & interacting with regulatory agencies. You are able to take the results of an audit & turn the opportunities into a training program.
- Leadership skills -People naturally navigate towards you. You own a room & are able to direct people with confidence.
- Organizational & prioritization skills -You know what to prioritize & when. You hold people accountable, & your team never drops the ball.
- People management -Youll be managing a team of clinical professionals - youll need to coach, act as a role model, & keep your team on track. You have 3+ years of management experience.
- Problem solving -You can distill complex problems, work to find solutions & provide constructive feedback. You get excited about setting up new systems & thinking outside the box.
- Collaborative -You love working with different kinds of people & are a relationship builder at heart. You work well with other teams & are able to get their buy in for content generation & upkeep.
- Culture -You are hard-working & enjoy a fast-paced environment.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policyhere.