The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the lifecycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, flexible work hours & Friday bagels!
This position is based in New Jersey, where employees receive the following: free shuttle from the local train station to the office, free or discounted lunch options three times per week, free bagels twice a week, on-site mini mart service for your convenience, & monthly free events with snacks & other giveaways!
The RealReal is looking for a highly motivated & enthusiastic candidate who is passionate about luxury home decor, & tabletop to assist & optimize operational functions of the home & art category. The Home & Art Associate Specialist is a non-management & operations/production role.
- Execute all aspects of the authentication process by accurately identifying & researching media, fabrications, hallmarks, stamps & date codes of incoming product with a focus on decor & tabletop brands with a focus on Baccarat and/or Tiffany & Co.
- Price product based on retail value, condition, style & market demand.
- Inspect & review the product for quality & condition issues.
- Write product compelling & accurate product descriptions
- Ensure all product is processed in a timely fashion.
- Consistently reach daily set quotas & goals.
- In-depth Home knowledge.
- Art & Design related degree preferred
- Someone who works well independently but also has the ability to be a part of a team environment.
- Understands specific pricing trends for Home category.
- Detail oriented.
- Great time management skills.
- Ability to multitask & prioritize daily tasks.