At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
Who we are looking for
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
As a Sr. Software Engineer at TpT you will be working closely with our product team to use data to uncover & execute on new opportunities while scaling our systems as load, users, & transactions are rapidly increasing.
You'll be tackling problems big & small from search & personalization to multi-service orchestration to building a resilient API.
Qualities for a successful candidate
- Experience with building, scaling, & monitoring resilient systems
- Comfortable working across the full stack in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peer engineering teams
- Mentor teammates, communicate, & teach your learnings
- At least 5+ years of experience in development at scale
Extra Points for
- Experience with Ed-Tech, Marketplaces, Search, or Data-Powered Products
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang, Node.js + React, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, or AWS at scale
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Open Source Contributor