As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vulture is looking for an Editorial Intern to join us this summer. The ideal candidate will have editorial experience, a passion for & interest in entertainment, & a presence & fluency online (including social platforms like Twitter).
- Manage web production tasks such as building posts, editing photos, & social media coordination
- Implement SEO best practices such as keyword searches, connecting articles through inline links, & updating older posts
- Assist with the execution of theme weeks or packages
- Help build our television recaps, a major contribution to our TV coverage
- Transcribe interviews for writers working on marquee features such as In Conversation
- Assist in research & reporting for large features
- Bachelor's degree in journalism/related field, or those currently enrolled in a bachelor's program preferred; commensurate experience accepted
- Familiarity with digital publishing tools preferred
- Prefer: knowledge & understanding of Vulture's coverage areas: TV, movies, music, books, theater, art, & the entertainment industry
About working at Vox Media:
This is a full-time internship starting in Summer 2021, & running for 10-12 weeks, depending on candidate availability. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.