The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the lifecycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, flexible work hours & Friday bagels!
This position is based in New Jersey, where employees receive the following: free shuttle from the local train station to the office, free or discounted lunch options three times per week, free bagels twice a week, on-site mini mart service for your convenience, & monthly free events with snacks & other giveaways!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write informative product descriptions using industry standard fashion terms.
- Price merchandise based on retail value, condition, & style.
- Inspect consigned luxury product for condition issues (Quality Control).
- Data Entry (Provide pertinent garment information such as measurements & fabrication).
- Assist in the authentication process by locating brand identifiers (holograms, date codes, authenticity cards, & hallmarks) & evaluating quality of materials & construction
- College degree preferred but not required (fashion studies/merchandising, textiles studies etc.).
- Minimum 1 year of luxury fashion experience (retail included).
- Strong fashion knowledge Top designers & brands, current trends, garment construction etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Basic computer & data entry skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced & high volume environment.
- Outstanding work ethic & ability to reach daily quota & goals.
- Excellent organizational & time management skills & acute attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.