Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, & technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one weve made to our customers, doctors, & partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Capsule has raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet & healthcare investors in the world.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates needs & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & have a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will bring strong technical experience to the table & take part in & lead key initiatives while delivering high-quality software with a "fast & right" approach. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders to design, develop & maintain key Capsule systems that solves customer pain points.
What Youll Do:
- Lead or participate in implementation of key projects that contribute to the company OKRs.
- Apply your knowledge of software engineering principles to build APIs, Services & System Workflows.
- Review product requirements, provide detailed software design & build the software that meets the requirements in high-quality & clean code using Kotlin, Python or other programming languages your team uses to build Capsule systems.
- Write Technical Specs that communicate architectural approaches & present them to internal peers for review & feedback.
- Provide mentorship to other engineers through code reviews & architecture reviews.
- You have 5+ years of overall software engineering experience.
- You are an expert in one or more mainstream programming languages such as Kotlin, Java, C#, Python, etc.
- You have experience contributing to the architecture and system design (architecture, design patterns, reliability & scaling) of new & current systems.
- You have been part of a team that owned software components critical to business.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better & be successful.
- You work hard & want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins & remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast & right & don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision & accuracy & where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility & value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, & believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, religion, disability, & veteran status.