Are you passionate about discovering, detecting & solving security problems? Ritual is looking for a strong, experienced software engineer to help us create a world-class fraud detection & prevention system. Candidates for this role have previously developed fraud detection & prevention systems from scratch or assisted a team in doing so, & would like to take on that challenge at Ritual.
Ritual is changing the way we handle local commerce, one cup of coffee at a time. We are sharply focused on improving customer interaction with our product, saving more time & money for everyone. We are also focused on providing restaurants high value insights into their business & how they are doing within their community. Ensuring fraud is kept to the lowest levels possible is essential in this mission.
What youll be working on:
- Leading a new internal fraud function from a technical perspective
- Developing technical fraud & risk strategy for Rituals platform
- Create & iterate on tools needed to prevent fraud & mitigate risk & fraud from multiple perspectives in a complex landscape.
- Create systems to identify signals from sign up data, including: User, device, & payment information to prevent fraudulent activity around our promotions, discounts, & loyalty programs.
- Implementing countermeasures to close existing avenues for fraud based on the identified signals & patterns.
- Driving key measures around fraudulent activity, keeping the rest of the business apprised of the state of fraud within Rituals product.
Who you are:
- At least 3 years experience in creating high scale data driven backend systems (Java/Scala/Go)
- At least 2 years experience with fraud prevention systems & methodologies
- Experience with machine learning pipelines/model creation/application
- Experience with Big Data tooling, such as Kinesis, AirFlow, PubSub, BigQuery, Spark
- Experience with at least one scripting language & associated statistical processing packages (e.g. Python)
- Strong project management & organizational skills
Nice to have:
- Experience integrating 3rd party anti-fraud systems, including familiarity with how they typically operate & identify high-risk scenarios.
- Experience working with Product Teams to advocate for product changes that improve security.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product that our customers love.
- Competitive compensation package & equity in the business.
- Healthcare coverage & a generous vacation policy.
- You will get a daily credit in-app credit towards lunches & coffees.
- Your choice of the development environment to make you most productive.
- A pantry full of snacks.
- Fun company-sponsored events & off-sites