We're looking for a motivated, energetic, & talented individual to join the Critical Mass Talent team in the role of CSR Communications Coordinator. The CSR Communications Coordinator will report to & work with the Director of Internal Communications, the Talent team & leaders throughout Critical Mass to support strategic goals & ongoing projects. Being organized & passionate about company culture, corporate social responsibility & creating engaging & timely communications are key to this role.
This role will begin as a six-month contract position supporting the internal communications, corporate social responsibility & Talent team initiatives critical to the company. The first key priority is leading the business through an initial assessment informing Critical Mass participation in B-Corp certification. This assessment is an evaluation of our practices related to governance, workers, community, environment & customers & requires the candidate have a passion for working across organizations, sustainability & corporate social responsibility, & providing strategic recommendations to the business.
As workload & timeline allows, the coordinator will also work with the Internal Communications Director on supporting communications & corporate social responsibility projects where appropriate.
- Lead the B-Corp Impact Assessment strategy, including:
- Establish baseline inventory of existing programs, policies & gaps where Critical Mass could improve its score by formalizing existing practices or implementing new
- Benchmark the performance of other companies in similar & adjacent
- Prepare recommendations & next steps for CM to achieve BCorp certification: gaps, timelines, areas to prioritize,
- Support with the development & implementation of strategic communications
- Measure & monitor progress against key strategies, plans & commitments.
- Work with the Internal Communications Director as internal & external champion for Critical Mass CSR
- Help imbed CSR into the culture of Critical Mass to support our corporate values.
- Provide insight & recommendations regarding sustainability/CSR
- Post-secondary education in a related field, such as marketing, communications, journalism and/or corporate social
- Three to five years of experience with communications, corporate social responsibility, project management, & implementing programs & initiatives across global
- Experience leading projects, including identifying priorities, key stakeholders & accountabilities, & managing key milestones across
- Aptitude & desire to learn business & financial principles, including budget, schedule & resource
- Excellent writing & organization skills, along with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office and
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, flexible