The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines & voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, & Jaguar Land Roveras well as organizations like the U.S. State Departmenttrust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites & across the entire search ecosystem.
We are looking to hire a new Software Engineer for our Hitchhikers Program. The Hitchhikers Program is in charge of the developer & admin experience, fostering a community of people that build solutions on top of Yexts platform. The Hitchhiker Engineering team builds all of the tools, docs, training, & infrastructure on hitchhikers.yext.com. We aim to build the best developer experience, making it fast, easy & fun to build with Yext.
What Youll Do
- Participate in full life-cycle software development for anything related to the site
- Design, implement, & deploy highly scalable & reliable systems
- Build storage systems, libraries, & frameworks.
- Contribute ideas for new features & identify areas for improvement proactively
- Collaborate effectively across teams, including outside of engineering
- Write clean, tested, & well-documented code
What You Have
- BA/BS in Computer Science, a related field, or a similar college level education
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms & software design
- Openness to new technologies & creative solutions
- Excitement to build something new
- Passionate about the developer experience
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high growth startup environment
- Experience with Vue.js, React or similar framework on the front-end, & Node.js on the back-end
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.