Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
Peloton is the largest global interactive fitness platform with over 3.1M members. The Peloton experience combines amazing workout content with technology & community to bring studio-style workouts to life in the convenience & comfort of your home. Music is an essential part of the Peloton ecosystem & brand. The music department plays a vital role in sourcing, negotiating & programming the best music content that powers our workouts & continuously surprises & delights our membership. The Partnerships team is at the front end of identifying key artist & brand opportunities that can be leveraged on & off the platform via activations that you will develop in collaboration with multiple teams across the company to drive growth for the business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic & passionate music industry leader and professional with strong communication & business skills who understands content licensing processes, possesses excellent music relationships across the industry, knowledge of music & digital marketing, clear verbal & written communication, organization, teamwork & leadership skills.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Cultivate a deep understanding of Pelotons music platform & opportunities for the global music industry.
- Consider how music affects the Peloton member or member acquisition strategy at the intersection of all the facets of the brand: content, technology, software, product, experience, fitness, design, retail & apparel.
- Be responsible for concepting & executing music strategies to strengthen ties between Peloton, music artists & fans of fitness & music.
- Design partnership & programming strategy & approach around Artist driven content series & music-related content a for Peloton & extended platforms
- Represent the unique benefits of Peloton platform to music partners with a focus on cultivated direct relationships with artists & artist managers
- Foster a deeper relationship between Peloton, instructors & music artists through additional complimentary content, shoulder content within Peloton marketing strategy that aligns with Pelotons brand goals
- Prototype & prove out the benefits of new, impactful music experiences in the native Peloton app, through cross-functional collaborations & business partnerships
- Carry a real-time understanding of music licensing & the industry landscape, especially as pertains to labels, publishers, songwriters & competitive fitness category - ensure Peloton is maintaining best-in-class relationships with these stakeholders
- Evaluate possibilities & surface opportunities with music/tech/content partners as aligned with Pelotons roadmap
- Shepherd Pelotons impact as a Techstars Music membership company by mentoring & actively assisting startup classes
- Obsessively level up the visibility of Pelotons positive contributions to artists and the music industry, through increasingly clear & transparent reporting of desired music consumer behaviors, directly attributed to Peloton
- 12 Years of Music Partnership or Artist Relations Experience
- 10 Years of Business Development or Business Affairs Experience
- 5+ Years of Music Technology Studio or Media Studio Music Experience
- Extensive artist management, label & publisher relationships
- Digital, Experiential, Marketing & Production experience & expertise in music integrations across all categories
- Bachelor Degree.
- Advanced Degree in related fields of Business or Legal a plus.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.