THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion, always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
At Blue Apron, we believe that design is a core component in fulfilling our vision of sparking discovery, connection, & joy through cooking.
The Digital Consumer Design team is responsible for the entire end-to-end digital customer experience. Were a lean, empathetic team of go-getters that work collaboratively with every team at Blue Apron. The products you design are how every Blue Apron customer interacts with the company so your work is impactful to customers & the business.
For us, design is not just the way things look or feel, but also how they work. We have a complex product that needs to be simple & inviting for all customers.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
Our teams mandate is to acquire, retain, & continuously add value to customers, striving to better meet their needs across our entire deeply complex business on all digital platforms.
Were looking for someone who is driven, self sufficient, excited to get their hands dirty, & eager to improve complex systems in a complex business for the benefit of our home chefs. You will work with the entire business & encounter plenty of unique edge cases. Customer focused curiosity & great internal relationships is going to be key to your success.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Elegantly synthesize visual design, strategy, & ux thinking
- Wear many hats, from high-level strategic design product thinking, user research, customer flows, prototypes, high fidelity designs & front-end implementation you will own complete customer journeys
- Advocate for the prioritization of customer problems discovered through quantitative & qualitative data analysis from across the business
- Delight in drawing up quick sketches, prototypes, & experiments to validate ideas & opinions. You will be mindful & deliberate when designing experiences, from the overarching user flow to refining small details in UI.
- You will develop an understanding about the work of other disciplines, collaborators, & seek opportunities to strengthen relationships.
- You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops. You share your work early & often, love to collaborate, & proactively seek out input from those around you.
- Are open to new ideas & alternate solutions while maintaining focus on your goals. Youre flexible, value compromise, & approach work without the hint of an ego.
- Strategically break up work to roll out designs in phased iterative steps in order to validate decisions & minimize risk.
- Communicate design decisions openly & confidently, regardless of the audience
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product & executive teams
- Have 5+ years of product design experience designing for mobile & desktop web. Native mobile app experience is a plus.
- Are able to provide samples of work that show creative, user-centered UX solutions, strong visual design & solid information architecture.
- Be motivated to solve hard problems for customers in a fun & fast paced environment
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.