Hi, were Oscar. Were a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, & human.
Were changing how health insurance works by creating a healthcare experience thats intuitive & puts people, not cost or workflows, first. Were using a consumer-focused & tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in this space & creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to deliver on our promise & to seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, & creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
As an Associate Actuary II, you will join our Actuarial team & work directly with other actuaries, data scientists, insurance & tech professionals. You will own pieces of the actuarial work that enables our innovative model to succeed as we grow. We understand & value technology, so this can become a powerful part of your tool kit.
- Provide an actuarial viewpoint for Oscars Individual & Small Group markets as we rapidly grow in existing & new markets
- Enhance & maintain pricing models & methodologies
- Key contributor in developing & submitting Individual & Small Group rate filings
- Actuarial support for testing & reporting on compliance with Federal Mental Health Parity requirements
- Performing various analyses & experience monitoring related to new & current product lines, vendors, & partners
- Promote & shape Oscar actuarial best practices with respect to automation & documentation
- Maintain good relationships, rapport, & lines of communication with both internal & external stakeholders
- You're an Associate of the Society of Actuaries, or on track to become one
- You have 5+ years of relevant actuarial experience, preferably in commercial healthcare pricing
- You have mastered foundational actuarial principles, including but not limited to pricing, valuation, modeling, & product development
- You have excellent technical, analytical & problem-solving skills
- You have a preference for working in a dynamic startup environment where each day offers new challenges
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent & human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.