Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
Who were looking for:
Do you enjoy investigating & catching suspicious behavior? Are you a great communicator who can convey sensitive topics in a clear manner? Do you like testing apps & playing games as part of your job? In this role, youll be Skillzs first line of defense against bad actors trying to take advantage of our developers & other players on our system.
What Youll Do:
- Review suspicious transactions & account activity for any potential threats
- Investigate claims of fraudulent or otherwise unauthorized account activity from our players
- Refute player disputes by compiling compelling evidence
- Completing ad hoc projects to support the Trust & Safety team
- Assist our Player Support team with sensitive player inquiries
- 1+ years of support experience
- Experience working with a helpdesk ticketing system
- High attention to detail
- Mature & self-motivated with a positive, professional attitude
- Effective Collaborator - Works well with teammates & contributes ideas for team growth
- Willingness to work weekends
- Experience in payments/finance or risk prevention a plus
Please note that this position will start as a 12 month contract.
Due to COVID, this opening is currently remote & eligible to anyone in the Las Vegas or Portland area. Attendance in office will be required when safe to do so.
Hourly pay: $14-16/hr