At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
The Operations Performance & Planning team that you will lead reports to the Head of Operations for Lyft Bikes & Scooters & is responsible for analytically driven performance management, performance improvement & operations planning for all the markets operated nationally by Lyft Bikes & Scooters. The Operations Performance & Planning team leads regular performance management & strategy cycles, drives analytical operational improvement work & plans asset deployment & supply chain needs. The team is also responsible for providing our General Managers with ad hoc analytical support & developing business intelligence tools for internal & external partner use.
You are an analytical thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit who is not afraid to take risks. You are able to make decisions quickly based on limited data, & able to execute with limited resources - you are scrappy & resourceful. You should be comfortable getting your hands dirty, but also presenting in front of executive-level stakeholders.
- Manage a team that handles performance management, analytical performance improvement initiatives & operations planning for LBS operations
- Oversee ambitious cross-cutting initiatives to deliver financial results
- Identify areas to drastically reduce opex & improve quality of service & program manage to impact
- Partner with senior operations leaders including the front-line process focused Operations Delivery team, finance, science & product/engineering to establish & meet operational targets
- Apply structure to ambiguous & complex problems in different areas of our operations
- 8+ years of experience, including operations experience, preferably in physical asset operations (eg transit, logistics, field services) operations or start-up environment (and/or consulting/business intelligence/strategy or related)
- People leadership experience with proven track record of hiring, developing, & retaining top talent
- Creative problem solving & ability to work iteratively, taking advantage of short term impact opportunities while pursuing longer-term strategies & execution in parallel
- Ability to think boldly & come up with creative solutions to bend the cost curve with scrappiness & lean teams
- Able to prioritize & quickly act on the biggest areas of opportunity
- Process orientation with excellent attention to detail
- Fantastic financial acumen
- Ability to work with remote teams & across time zones to develop strategies & foster a cohesive & creative work environment
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.